What information does Autoback collect about me? When you register to use the Autoback website or technology, create a Autoback Account ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, Autoback collects information that identifies you. This may include your name, company name, email address, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as your job title or industry. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn the company size and industry of our business customers.
Autoback websites and technology We collect information about how you use our websites and technology. We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a Autoback website or use a Autoback service. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a Autoback website or use a Autoback service, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Autoback may collect information about how you use our websites and technology by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website or technology. Depending on the website or technology, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Autoback product activation and automatic updates When you activate your Autoback Account ID, we collect certain information about you. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
Autoback emails Emails we send you may include a web beacon that tells Autoback whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Autoback marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Autoback marketing emails.
Autoback online advertising Autoback advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Autoback ads to you across the Internet on websites and in apps. We collect information about which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on which web page the ad was displayed.
Autoback social networking pages and social sign-on services Autoback has its own pages on many social networking sites. You may also be able to sign in to a Autoback website or technology using a social networking account, such as a Facebook account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
How does Autoback use the information it collects about me? Autoback uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the Autoback websites and technology for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
- Better understanding how our websites and technology are being used so we can improve them
- Diagnosing problems in our websites and technology
- Tailoring a website, technology, or Autoback marketing to your likely interests
- Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
- Sending you information about Autoback, new technology releases, special offers, and similar information
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as Autoback
- As further described for a specific Autoback website or technology
Does Autoback share my personal information? Autoback works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Autoback may also share your personal information:
- When you agreed to the sharing.
- With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Autoback marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or technology against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Autoback, our customers and users, or the public.
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company; we sell a Autoback website, technology, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
- We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our technology and hosted services.
Is my personal information secure? We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Autoback cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Autoback store my personal information? Your personal information and data files are stored on Autoback’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
Will Autoback market to me? The Autoback family of services and companies we hire to help us market our websites and applications on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Autoback. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns? If you have a privacy question or complaint, please Click Here to contact us.
Effective May 30, 2017